So, you think you’ve got the stones to make it to the end of a Hot Pepper Eating Contest?
Well, now is your chance to prove it!
The Pepper Festival Hot Pepper Eating Contest 2018!
The cost is $25 per entry and does NOT include entrance to the festival (get your ticket HERE). Prizes are listed below. Only one entry purchased per person so that we have individual information for each entrant. Naturally, there will be a waiver to read and sign prior to the festival and the contest. You will receive a PDF file of the waiver and rules and must have it signed and returned to us by the specified date (it will be in the Email with the waiver) in order to be included in the contest.
READ THIS BEFORE PURCHASING A CONTEST ENTRY
Please read the following bullet points before
purchasing an entry. These are rules and things to consider. By purchasing an entry, you have agreed that you have read and agree with the bullet items below. There will be no refunds given for entries. If you have any questions about this contest, send them to us before purchasing by clicking HERE
• Contestants must be in good physical health and not have any heart or stomach issues. If there is any question, please seek a doctor’s advice prior to purchasing an entry. Seriously.
• Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of the festival (June 23, 2018). Yes, we’ll be checking I.D.s, so bring it to the festival.
• The contest will have a series of rounds with the Scoville
Heat Unit (SCU) increasing with each round.
• Contestants may withdraw from the contest at any time.
• Contestants will be required to eat the entire pepper (flesh, seeds and membrane) other than the stem.
• Contestants will be allowed one minute to finish any pepper remaining in their mouth when time is called (except for during a tie breaker).
• The winner will be the last contestant willing and able to continue.
• In the event of the need for a tie-breaker, each contestant will be given a large pepper. The first one to finish wins.
• There will be ZERO tolerance for any form of cheating (coating the inside of the mouth, etc.).
• Drinking any liquid during the contest will be grounds for disqualification.
• If any contestant vomits or spits out any peppers, they will be disqualified.
Grand Prize (1st Place) a.k.a. “Last Person Standing” – $200 plus a 1st Place Trophy and a Pepper Festival T-Shirt and you get to live in infamy.
2nd Place a.k.a. “First Loser” – $100 plus a 2nd Place Trophy and a Pepper Festival T-Shirt.
3rd Place a.k.a. “We Already Forgot Your Name” – $50 plus a 3rd Place Trophy and a Pepper Festival T-Shirt.